Tuna

Tuna v1.9.9

valentinbraem

Woaaaaaaaaah! I'll tell you again, but thank you for your great work!
You can trust me for promote your music visualizer plugin, I look forward to its release.

MrFrenglish

Does this work with VLC Video Source?

I use VLC video source to play music directly from a file directory where my music is stored, so I dont need to open any 3rd party software at all to play music in my obs. Just straight up launch OBS and the music plays instantly. But it doesn't display the song names and nothing out there atm can display the song names with the method I use. So Im wondering, would Tuna work in my case?
Thanks!

univrsal

Does this work with VLC Video Source?

I use VLC video source to play music directly from a file directory where my music is stored, so I dont need to open any 3rd party software at all to play music in my obs. Just straight up launch OBS and the music plays instantly. But it doesn't display the song names and nothing out there atm can display the song names with the method I use. So Im wondering, would Tuna work in my case?
Thanks!
No it only supports the listed methods. I couldn't find a way to access the currently playing media from the VLC source, without modifying it.

univrsal

Just wanted to let everyone know that you might experience some issues with the Spotify integration because the API has a rate limit, which denies access for a small timeout. I'm trying to add support for it in the next update. So if the information isn't updated immediately that's probably why.
Us3deZqPyX.png

univrsal

Here my French translation!
If you can give me the new strings from the latest updates for finish what you need.

https://pastebin.com/Dq84ce15
Thanks a bunch. This file always contains the updated translation, but this is what changed since the last version:
INI:
# Window title tab
tuna.gui.tab.windowtitle.pause="Assume paused when this string can't be found"
# Basics tab
tuna.gui.tab.basics.song.output.add="Add new"
tuna.gui.tab.basics.song.output.remove="Remove selected"
tuna.gui.tab.basics.song.output.edit="Edit selected"
tuna.gui.tab.basics.song.output="Song info outputs"
tuna.gui.tab.basics.format.info="Format info:\n %t => Song title\t\t\t%b => Linebreak\n %m => Song artist\t\t%d => Disc number\n %n => Track number\t\t%a => Album title\n %r => Full release date\t\t%p => Song progress\n %y => Release year\t\t%l => Song length\nKeep in mind that some sources do not support all format options\nUsing uppercase letter (e.g. %T) will convert all characters to uppercase"
# Edit output dialog
tuna.gui.output.edit.dialog.title="Output editor"
tuna.gui.output.edit.dialog.error.title="Output error"
tuna.gui.output.edit.dialog.error="The provided data is incorrect. Make sure the format isn't empty and the path is valid"

Sylverstone14

Would you consider adding syntax to add extra characters/spaces in the titles for song info outputs? Wanted to do something like a ticker, but when the text repeats, it's super-duper close.

univrsal

Would you consider adding syntax to add extra characters/spaces in the titles for song info outputs? Wanted to do something like a ticker, but when the text repeats, it's super-duper close.
I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for. There's already an option to change the output formatting in whatever way you want. You can't add spaces at the end of the format though, since they will get cut off. If you need spaces just add them at the beginning of the format

Fire_Punch

Can you give me the obs-studio log?

I followed your instructions and also tried making it's own folder within my obs-plugins folder as well as pasting in the contents into the corresponding folders that already existed in OBS. Nothing showing up under Tools when I launch.

Attachments

• 2019-11-14 18-02-10.txt
    23.1 KB · Views: 75

univrsal

I followed your instructions and also tried making it's own folder within my obs-plugins folder as well as pasting in the contents into the corresponding folders that already existed in OBS. Nothing showing up under Tools when I launch.
Same issue as with spectralizer. If the plugin was correctly installed it would show up in the log, which it doesn't.

Fire_Punch

Same issue as with spectralizer. If the plugin was correctly installed it would show up in the log, which it doesn't.
RE: both, can you provide more specific instruction as to how to install these plugins? I followed the steps but didn't want to replace my existing plugins folder with yours, considering I have 2 plugins to do this with and don't want to mess up what's there.

univrsal

I just put the DLL into the plugins folder and it worked. The folder instructions cause the issue above if followed directly.
The plugin folder in the download only contains tuna, you won't overwrite anything if you copy it, you will only merge them

Ca9ine

Attachments

• Crash 2019-11-26 20-34-00.txt
    105.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Crash_2019-11-26_18-46-00.txt
    150 KB · Views: 52

univrsal

Tuna has been causing OBS crashes at random times during live stream.
I'll attatch my logs.

There are other users on the forum with the same problem, and it has been identified as Tuna's doing.
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-crashes-ramdom.111296/#post-421023
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-is-crashing-often.113029/#post-426289
I've handed out debug builds to multiple people to help identify the problem, but have yet to receive an answer from them. If you want to help me please use this version and give me the crash report.

FinSemi

I've handed out debug builds to multiple people to help identify the problem, but have yet to receive an answer from them. If you want to help me please use this version and give me the crash report.

I had constant crashing problems too. OBS crashed with error message, but did continue recording on background (until I clicked that error message off). Everything was working just fine, except now playing song was not chancing.
I did download this debug version, and OBS have not crashed yet ... It seems that this debug version could fix this problem, but I will inform if there is yet some issues.