spectralizer

spectralizer v1.3.4

univrsal

For some reason I get those empty bars on the right, with default settings. what is it ?
V9z5x9W.png
I don't really know. I guess there's more bars than there's data. Just crop them off by holding alt and then dragging on the right side

EthynWithAY TTV

Hey there! Thanks for making a plugin like this! I seem to be having some issue though. I'm pretty familiar with OBS and have checked all my bases (I think).

The Visualizer is currently added as a source in one of my scenes, and I have the Audio Source selected as 'Spotify (AUX VAIO Output)' which is my OBS audio track for Spotify to run through. As you can see in the first attached image, the visualizer isn't moving at all and is remaining totally still as if it's not hearing the music, but in the second image you can clearly see I have music playing through the selected audio track.

Is there anything obvious that I have set wrong? If it's nothing obvious, would you be willing to help me troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AV Properties.PNG
    AV Properties.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Spotify track is playing.PNG
    Spotify track is playing.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 262

univrsal

Hey there! Thanks for making a plugin like this! I seem to be having some issue though. I'm pretty familiar with OBS and have checked all my bases (I think).

The Visualizer is currently added as a source in one of my scenes, and I have the Audio Source selected as 'Spotify (AUX VAIO Output)' which is my OBS audio track for Spotify to run through. As you can see in the first attached image, the visualizer isn't moving at all and is remaining totally still as if it's not hearing the music, but in the second image you can clearly see I have music playing through the selected audio track.

Is there anything obvious that I have set wrong? If it's nothing obvious, would you be willing to help me troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance!
Does it work with other audio sources? Can you also give me a full obs log when using the VAIO output?

EthynWithAY TTV

Does it work with other audio sources? Can you also give me a full obs log when using the VAIO output?

It seems to remain still and doesn't react at all no matter what audio track I select as the audio source.

Here's the log: https://obsproject.com/logs/qTTQhPsDaBUuU79h

This is my first time asking for help on the OBS forums, and first time sending an OBS log, so I'm hoping I sent you the right thing. Let me know if you need me to send anything else :)

univrsal

It seems to remain still and doesn't react at all no matter what audio track I select as the audio source.

Here's the log: https://obsproject.com/logs/qTTQhPsDaBUuU79h

This is my first time asking for help on the OBS forums, and first time sending an OBS log, so I'm hoping I sent you the right thing. Let me know if you need me to send anything else :)
Yeah that't the right log. Spectralizer never even started audio capturing for the selected source, which is strange. What other audio sources have you tried it with? Do you have a normal desktop audio or microphone source? I have a feeling that it might have issues with the VAIO stuff, whatever that is.
Also do you by chance use the compressor filter with sidechain/ducking? If not could you try using that? It uses the same capture backend as spectralizer. So if that filter works on the VAIO sources then it's definitely an issue on my side.
  1. Add the "Compressor" filter to the source that's going to duck (usually the music/desktop audio source)
  2. Select the audio source to monitor (usually the microphone source)
  3. Change the threshold to a suitable value (the amount the audio is going to be lowered)
  4. The other options aren't really necessary for this test
If the audio source lowers its volume while the sidechain source is in the yellow area (yellow is the volume at which voice is supposed to be) then the audio capturing is working.

EthynWithAY TTV

Yeah that't the right log. Spectralizer never even started audio capturing for the selected source, which is strange. What other audio sources have you tried it with? Do you have a normal desktop audio or microphone source? I have a feeling that it might have issues with the VAIO stuff, whatever that is.
Also do you by chance use the compressor filter with sidechain/ducking? If not could you try using that? It uses the same capture backend as spectralizer. So if that filter works on the VAIO sources then it's definitely an issue on my side.
  1. Add the "Compressor" filter to the source that's going to duck (usually the music/desktop audio source)
  2. Select the audio source to monitor (usually the microphone source)
  3. Change the threshold to a suitable value (the amount the audio is going to be lowered)
  4. The other options aren't really necessary for this test
If the audio source lowers its volume while the sidechain source is in the yellow area (yellow is the volume at which voice is supposed to be) then the audio capturing is working.

I have 5 different audio tracks routed into OBS. Chatbot, Discord, Game / Desktop Sounds, Microphone, & Spotify, and I've tested it with all 5. As for my audio setup, I use Voicemeeter Potato and use Virtual Audio Cables for the routing. The whole VAIO thing is just one of the default names for the VM tracks, which I assume is just an acronym for Virtual Audio Input/Output.

I just tested the Spotify track with the compressor filter, and sidechained it with my microphone track, and that definitely works properly.

Is there any other screenshots or logs you would like me to send that might help solve this?

univrsal

I have 5 different audio tracks routed into OBS. Chatbot, Discord, Game / Desktop Sounds, Microphone, & Spotify, and I've tested it with all 5. As for my audio setup, I use Voicemeeter Potato and use Virtual Audio Cables for the routing. The whole VAIO thing is just one of the default names for the VM tracks, which I assume is just an acronym for Virtual Audio Input/Output.

I just tested the Spotify track with the compressor filter, and sidechained it with my microphone track, and that definitely works properly.

Is there any other screenshots or logs you would like me to send that might help solve this?
Nah spectralizer only logs the beginning and end of audio capturing. Can you try it with one of the default captures like Desktop Audio or your Microphone, without routing it through Voice Meter? I have a feeling that that's part of the issue

Evan_Sou1

Hey I really like this plug-in and so far have had a great time setting it up. But whenever I close obs and log back into it my bars all get shifted to just a few on the left. I have messed with all the property settings and it doesn't fix it. If I make a new source it works fine until I close and reopen obs, then I'm right back to here. In this image, I have some filters on it but this still happens regardless of filters are applied to it or not.
1577756030807.png

Evan_Sou1

Wait I found that if I never touch "spectralizer.stero" this problem never persists. I have re-made the sources without using that (which would split the bars) and have not had this same problem. Gonna leave my post up though in case anyone else has this problem and maybe something that needs to be fixed.

univrsal

Wait I found that if I never touch "spectralizer.stero" this problem never persists. I have re-made the sources without using that (which would split the bars) and have not had this same problem. Gonna leave my post up though in case anyone else has this problem and maybe something that needs to be fixed.
Unrelated to the problem, but you didn't install the language files correctly, because none of the properties are labeled properly.

Giovanny

I have downloaded this plugin twice, extracted the same files 7 times and have cut and past to like 6 different files to make it work. I've tried dragging the folder to make it work. turned off obs so many times to see if that was the reason but everything failed. I'm going insane trying to get this plugin to work. Please help me.

univrsal

I have downloaded this plugin twice, extracted the same files 7 times and have cut and past to like 6 different files to make it work. I've tried dragging the folder to make it work. turned off obs so many times to see if that was the reason but everything failed. I'm going insane trying to get this plugin to work. Please help me.
Follow the installation instructions closely, then check if there's a new source called "Audio Visualizer" if not give me a link to the obs log
2020-01-10-093754_1366x768_scrot.png

westanikam

So i put everything in their folders but i dont see it in OBS Studio? windows 64bit

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 106

westanikam

So i put everything in their folders but i dont see it in OBS Studio? windows 64bit
UPDATE I DID IT AGAIN AND PUT IT IN BOTH OBS FOLDERS I HAD AND THE VISUALIZER CAME UP.
IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME ISSUE AS ME LISTEN CLOSELY IT MIGHT HELP YOU.....
IF YOU HAVE A OBS STREAM ELEMENTS FOLDER AND OBS STUDIO FOLDER YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PUT THE .DLL FILE IN THE STREAM ELEMENTS FOLDER TOO FOR IT TO WORK. THAT'S WHAT I HAD TO DO AND IT WORKS PERFECT

thedarkpreacher

Hi, simple question. The install instructions say "Drop the contents of the folder "plugin" in the directory"

Where exactly is this mythical "plugin" folder located?
1579988927788.png

Hootwheelz

After reading the thread I'm realizing my issue may not be solveable, and may actually be an issue with the sidechain/ducking algorithm or something. but here's a video explaining the issue i'm running into
in summary: it seems as though the spectralizer is automatically "normalizing" itself, or trying to automatically adjust the intensity of the spectralizer. Since I use the spectralizer and image masking to make an owl character talk on my OBS scenes, this "normalizing" effect tends to make the character's mouth close as the intensity of the spectralizer is reduced. This also means after about 30 seconds of silence (which could come up during stream during AFK/break periods, moments of concentration, remaining silent while watching a video etc.) the spectralizer will intensify to such a degree that the extremely quiet hum of the audio device will affect the spectralizer.

EDIT: I cannot stress enough how happy I already am with the fact that I can do this at all. It's only a slight annoyance (the irritation in my voice comes out of the fact that this was my 16th attempt at recording this video) and while this also affects all other users, it isn't as big an issue for those users since they don't need the same pinpoint accuracy I do. If a fix/change/setting cannot be made, I can probably continue fiddling with settings until something works for me. This is an amazing plugin that has surprising flexibility if you know how to use filters and shaders correctly, so thank you very much for making this plugin exist in the first place. <3 <3 <3

univrsal

After reading the thread I'm realizing my issue may not be solveable, and may actually be an issue with the sidechain/ducking algorithm or something. but here's a video explaining the issue i'm running into
in summary: it seems as though the spectralizer is automatically "normalizing" itself, or trying to automatically adjust the intensity of the spectralizer. Since I use the spectralizer and image masking to make an owl character talk on my OBS scenes, this "normalizing" effect tends to make the character's mouth close as the intensity of the spectralizer is reduced. This also means after about 30 seconds of silence (which could come up during stream during AFK/break periods, moments of concentration, remaining silent while watching a video etc.) the spectralizer will intensify to such a degree that the extremely quiet hum of the audio device will affect the spectralizer.

EDIT: I cannot stress enough how happy I already am with the fact that I can do this at all. It's only a slight annoyance (the irritation in my voice comes out of the fact that this was my 16th attempt at recording this video) and while this also affects all other users, it isn't as big an issue for those users since they don't need the same pinpoint accuracy I do. If a fix/change/setting cannot be made, I can probably continue fiddling with settings until something works for me. This is an amazing plugin that has surprising flexibility if you know how to use filters and shaders correctly, so thank you very much for making this plugin exist in the first place. <3 <3 <3
First of all, that's pretty amazing. I didn't think the plugin could be used for something like this. Secondly, yes the visualizer auto adjusts the scale, because it was initially intended for music, which more often than not has varying volume. I think I can disable the auto adjustment, but I'll have to take a look at the code first, which won't be until next Tuesday. For now, have you tried using a noise gate? Or does that not do anything?