Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.5

milkclouds

You mean replay inputs as in make them show up in the overlay source?
You can send input data to input overlay via a websocket connection in the same way the client software does. The data has to be sent as binary.
Each packet has the following layout
64 bytesdevice name that the event is coming from
1 byte0 for keyboard/mouse events, 1 for gamepad events
idk how many bytes, lolentire uiohook_event struct
Thanks for the reply! But, I mean, `replay` means literally replaying the recorded keyboard/mouse events after the record stop.
e.g. after typing "something" and stop record, when I replay that, I want to input "something" as well.

I can implement a simple replay function manually, but I was concerned about some subtle mismatch error in replay. Especially to high-frequency mouse events.

I'm curious about whether is there a standard/cool way to replay events.

TimeTree

Hello, great plugin, I'm having one small issue, is I can't add another extra wheel click, it's a weird and whacky one though, it's called something like a "side click" as in I can push my wheel to the left (by pushing on the right side of the wheel to the left) and, can push my wheel to the right (by pushing on the left side of my wheel), so basically for the output results, I just want the left wheel click [when pushing from right] to show the left half of the wheel highlighted, and the right half for when the right half of the wheel is clicked.

univrsal

Thanks for the reply! But, I mean, `replay` means literally replaying the recorded keyboard/mouse events after the record stop.
e.g. after typing "something" and stop record, when I replay that, I want to input "something" as well.

I can implement a simple replay function manually, but I was concerned about some subtle mismatch error in replay. Especially to high-frequency mouse events.

I'm curious about whether is there a standard/cool way to replay events.
I don't know what you mean.
Hello, great plugin, I'm having one small issue, is I can't add another extra wheel click, it's a weird and whacky one though, it's called something like a "side click" as in I can push my wheel to the left (by pushing on the right side of the wheel to the left) and, can push my wheel to the right (by pushing on the left side of my wheel), so basically for the output results, I just want the left wheel click [when pushing from right] to show the left half of the wheel highlighted, and the right half for when the right half of the wheel is clicked.
Mice only have five buttons by default and any additional buttons are just mapped to keys or mouse buttons. The left/right nudging of the wheel is usually just what side buttons on a normal mouse do, i.e. going back and forth in the browser.

TimeTree

I don't know what you mean.

Mice only have five buttons by default and any additional buttons are just mapped to keys or mouse buttons. The left/right nudging of the wheel is usually just what side buttons on a normal mouse do, i.e. going back and forth in the browser.
I meant that on the wheel, there's two other buttons by pushing from the left of the wheel to register a right wheel [side] click, and then pushing from the right, registers a left wheel [side] click not the buttons that are already back and forth on the browser, which has already been respectively displayed

univrsal

I meant that on the wheel, there's two other buttons by pushing from the left of the wheel to register a right wheel [side] click, and then pushing from the right, registers a left wheel [side] click not the buttons that are already back and forth on the browser, which has already been respectively displayed
The plugin only supports five button mice. Any non-standard buttons or behavior via custom drivers are not accessible by the external library that is used for retrieving input information.

demk

What is really curious is:

I was able to make toe plugin works when I open another "program" which do the same.

For example, if I download nohboard and open it, the OBS Input overlay instantly works in GTA 5, but if I close the nohboard program, the OBS Plugin stop to work.

The only think I can guess is: somehow the obs input overlay plugin need any DLL loaded or smth like that similarly to nohboard, but when another program loads that dll, the plugin start to work.

So at this moment, when I want the plugin to works properly in GTA 5 I open the nohboard, so plugin start to working and let the nohboard "opened" in bg to input overlay works.
univrsal could you check something related to that about the plugin ?

Bottarga

Hello.

I'm using https://github.com/Code52/carnac zu visualize mouse clicks. In the OBS recording I can only see the visualization if I use Display Capture on OBS but not Window Capture.

Is this a general limitation of Input Overlay or Carnac? How can I visualize mouse clicks in a Window Capture?

Thanks, Bottarga.

BaigoSilva

Hi guys, has anyone made a PS2 controller preset for Input Overlay? I looked here on the forum but didn't find it, if anyone knows, I'd appreciate it, great program

skyratchett

I might be a bit late to the party but it would be really nice if you could make the wasd layout a bit bigger (shown in the picture) bc it cuts of in the middle but my binds are in the middle of the keyboard.

Attachments

• wasd-extended-numeric.png
    wasd-extended-numeric.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot 2024-09-11 170152.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-11 170152.png
    548.9 KB · Views: 13