Very Specific Audio Issue (Avid NDI, to OBS, to Zoom... no audio unless I spoof)

DasKraut

Hey, folks.

TL,DR: How do I get audio, sent to OBS from Avid NDI, out of OBS to Zoom on a Mac without including the computer audio as well?

I've spent the entire weekend trying to get OBS to live stream my Avid Media Composer video output using NDI (built in to Avid) with audio. I'm on a Mac Pro (trashcan) running macOS 10.14.6 Mojave (brand new OS install two days ago). I'm also running the latest version of Avid Media Composer 2020.

I've downloaded and installed the following:
VB-Audio Virtual Audio Device (Virtual Audio Cable)
OBS VirtualCam Plugin for Mac
OBS NDI Plugin for Mac

Here are all my settings. You can see that VB-Audio created a VB-Cable virtual audio device in my Audio Device settings on the Mac, to which I have set as Audio Input (since I have no microphone). You will also see a Multi-Output Device setting in there that I was messing around with after reading this forum post, but it is not relevant to my current post, I believe:
OBS 03.png

Avid NDI is setup and streaming perfectly to OBS as you can see here, audio and all:
OBS 01.png

I'm noticing from the above pic of the OBS settings in the OBS Audio Mixer that the audio level does not affect the output to Zoom at all. I basically have no volume control from OBS; no matter where I set that slider, the volume in Zoom remains the same. Maybe this is a clue as to what's wrong?

I have the Monitoring Device setting in OBS set to VB-Cable, which tells me that OBS should be sending audio to that VAC. (right?):
OBS 02.png

Then in Zoom, I have the Mic input set to VB-Cable as well in order to receive the audio that OBS is sending there:
OBS 04.png

As of right now, the only way I've been able to get audio out to Zoom from OBS with the above settings, is if I actually change my computer's audio OUTPUT to VB-Cable...
OBS 05.png

...which stops sending audio to my desktop speakers, but does send it to Zoom. It will work this way, but the problem is that it also sends all of my computer audio over Zoom as well. I don't want this. I just want the audio that OBS is receive from Avid's NDI stream to be sent over Zoom.

Does anyone know how to send the audio output from OBS ONLY over a VAC to Zoom (or just in general)? I'm completely baffled as to why this is not working properly.

Thanks in advance!

DasKraut

EDIT: I tried to change my topic title since this really isn't a spoofing that I'm doing, but apparently I can't... Hopefully that doesn't throw off my results here. D'oh.