Struggling with Unstable Upload Speed for OBS Livestreaming on YouTube

Chaxal

Hey everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle here and could really use your expertise. I've been trying to live stream on YouTube using OBS, but my upload speed is giving me a hard time. It's been weeks now, and I'm no closer to a solution.

My current upload speed is supposed to be 50 Mbit/s, but I need a consistent 25 Mbit/s to make live streaming work smoothly. Unfortunately, it's all over the place, fluctuating between 0 Mbit/s and 25 Mbit/s. This inconsistency is making it nearly impossible to create quality content.

I've already reached out to my internet service provider, and they provided me with a new router, assuring me that it should fix the issue. But, alas, it hasn't.

If anyone here has any ideas, or suggestions, or has experienced something similar with OBS and live streaming, I would be extremely grateful for your insights. I'm eager to get back to creating and sharing content with my audience, and your help would mean the world to me.

Thanks a ton in advance for any assistance you can provide!

UPDATE LOGFILE
LOGFILE

Screenshot 2023-10-20 211837.png

Lawrence_SoCal

Understand your issue has nothing to do with OBS Studio (or any other similar software) if your bandwidth upload isn't consistent/adequate.
25Mb/s is a LOT of video, and way more than a typical high quality 1080p60 requires. are your streaming 4K60? or ??
[look at log 1440p60 ... 25mb/s seems really high... great if you can, but with a 4070Ti, maybe test with AV1 [lower bandwidth for same image quality to YT? ]

regardless, if your video quality expectations is something that requires 25mb/s, then work with your ISP (or get a new one, or new class of service (ie business class with SLA) that meets your needs.
or make sure something else isn't using your upload bandwidth. Unless you are doing real-time network monitoring at LAN and WAN level, you can't know (only guess/assume).

What OBS Studio (or other similar software) can do is dynamically adjust bitrate (ie drop to lower bitrate) IF the stream provider accepts such. And that means NOT sending at your specified bitrate, but something less, and don't expect magic.

And you have the PoS streamlements crap that pukes all of the the log, and depending on config maybe messing with network (ie streamelements, (known for atrocious code) makes one or more network queries and network stack (at Operating System, plugin, and/or OBS level gets backed up behind waiting for those requests to time out? no, I don't know specifically... I avoid stremelements like the plague. but there have been reports where streamlements was the cause of network issues. was the problem a bug/code, or end-user induced by not configuring something? no idea... but see all those streamelements errors in the logs... they aren't helping... don't know if causing a problem or not. Previously, streamelements has been reported to replace core pieces of OBS Studio such that removing/disabling the plugin wasn't enough to fully remove its impact, and OBS Studio re-install was required... up to you to research as to whether this applies to you or not. OBS Studio in portable mode would be one way to quickly test an alternate config without streamelements influence/impact

First, I'd make sure it is NOT something on your network that is causing the issue. Why? because if the ISP finds anything that enables them to disclaim responsibility, then most likely they will. So you have to do your research and be well documented in advance (and it means understanding networking, as that is who you are going to end up talking to if the ISP/WAN connection is your problem).
AFTER you confirm there is nothing on your LAN consuming upload bandwidth, including TCP Reply packets, then consider your ISP
If cellular, then constantly fluctuating bandwidth is to be expected. Each Internet connection type (DSL, coax cable, fiber, etc) has its own Pros and Cons. Here is the USA, most consumer Internet connections do NOT have guaranteed bandwidth.
If you search these forums, you'll see ISP discussions. beware that things like SpeedTest report best case scenario. for streaming is it the lowest common consistent throughput that matters more. Then some ISPs have good connections to some destinations, and not others. Meaning? your burst bandwidth maybe good, but then drop, which might be an ISP link in your neighborhood, or might be an upstream peering point that is the bottleneck. lots of possibilities, and no easy answers/fixes, and the fix will be ISP dependent.

anyway...so some starting 'food for thought'

Chaxal

Thank you. I will work through it.

TAP-Windows Adapter V9 (type 0, 1000↓/1000↑ mbps) is a VPN
it helps most of the time for a consistent upload.