RTMP MonaServer 3000ms buffer time issue

SteveXYI

I'm using my GoPro to send a livestream to MonaServer v2.723 (local server) and use it to import to OBS via Media Source using RTMP.

Currently as it is there is a 6 second delay between sending via GoPro and receiving in OBS. I know its not the GoPro or MonaServer, but the connection between Mona and OBS (I think?). When OBS connects to the server and pulls from the MonaServer In the server log I see the following.

FlashStream.cpp[126] setBufferTime 3000ms on stream id=1

This same messaged happened between the MonaServer and VLC media player before I put it directly to OBS and eliminated VLC from the process.
To my understanding someone successfully used RTMFP to get the latency down to just a few ms but I'm having trouble doing that. From what they posted is as follows.

OK, I figured out is the delay was not MonaTiny, but was OBS. Used rtmfp in a browser source, changed to MonaServer 1.2 (MonaTiny crashed for some reason) and the delay went down to milliseconds. This parameter seems to mean the maximum number of seconds the server will hold for a connected client.

Trying to follow his steps lead me to eliminating VLC and inputing it directly to OBS as a media source but I still fail to understand how he used it as a browser source unless I'm simply confusing myself?

The last thing I have to go on with is a 3rd line when launching the MonaServer which is
Protocols.h[82] RTMFP server started on 0.0.0.0:1935

So I understand it has RTMFP but I still don't know how to reach it. Its worth mentioning the only settings in the .ini file for the MonaServer has everything to do with buffersize and I lowered that from around 60,000 to just 6,000 and seen no difference and I'm not very sure of where to go now or what to try next.

What I'm trying to do now is access RTMFP somehow in OBS to reduce the 3000ms delay and possibly mess with other settings to try and figure out a outcome but unsure if this will ever be resolved.

I'll keep trying and will keep this post up-to-date hopefully until this issue is resolved.

NAZARUIZ

I connected DJI Pocket 2 to obs via Monaserver and the same thing happened to me. 3000 ms I don´t know what I need to do to lower latency...

Tomasz Góral

That's not even close to a solution.

Still researching...
you don't understand, obs or any player start play from key frame, if you have key frame every 3000 ms, you got lags, player wait for minimal full buffer, typically from one key frame to second.
Check on ffplay or ffmpeg.

SteveXYI

you don't understand, obs or any player start play from key frame, if you have key frame every 3000 ms, you got lags, player wait for minimal full buffer, typically from one key frame to second.
Check on ffplay or ffmpeg.
Keyframe doesn't matter here at all. This isnt a screen recording that I'm trying to do. I have my key frame interval at 2s, which provides a very minimal delay between what happens on my screen and OBS seeing it. This may not be a OBS issue and it is a very specific issue that I would like for you to either re-read my first post or stop commenting on this issue. Still searching for the solution but so far none seems to be apparent. If theres anyone who knows Internet protocols in-depth please let me know your ideas or if you'd like anymore info. So far nothing I've done has seemed to help.