Replay Buffer Issues

mosimawe

I'm not a particularly savvy user, and I typically just use the replay buffer feature to take clips of gameplay and share with friends, however I've noticed a recent change to my replay buffer. Historically, most of my replays would get up to 45s in length and not use even close to the maximum amount of space allocated (500MB). However now, I'm finding many of my clips last only 20s and are pushing the limit of my space allowance.

I don't recall changing any settings for the replay buffer, but I do sometimes switch between window and game capture if that makes a difference (relationship between size of application vs size of replay?). Additionally, many resources on the topic suggest that I just increase the space allocation for replay buffer (or reduce the duration), but I would rather reduce the quality instead of making 1GB+ clips. However I had a lot of difficulty finding any settings in the recording tab that would reduce the quality, only settings that seemed to increase it.

I have attached a log of myself clipping some CS2 with primary window capture for reference. I would be happy to get any feedback towards understanding this phenomena better.

Thank you for your time and patience

Attachments

• 2024-09-02 10-58-56.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 11