Question / Help OBS Studio Freezing Wacom Graphics Monitor!?

N3sting3yes

I'm running Windows 10 (creative update) on a custom Asus build. I'm an illustrator working full-time.

Recently, over the past 8 or so months give or take, every time I begin to stream or record with OBS Studio my pen loses connection with my screen. My Wacom Cintiq freezes, as if OBS messes with the driver of my tablet. This began after an update, not sure exactly which update since the app updates so often. This has made it so I've been unable to stream or record using the app. I'm currently looking to different programs like xsplit, but would rather fix the issue if possible.

To un-freeze I have to turn my graphics monitor off and on again, however, within 10 minutes it does it again. This continues until I stop recording or streaming. (Essentially when I stop using the program.) This doesn't happen at all, at any point, unless I have started to use OBS. Just having the app open but not recording or streaming, doesn't cause the issue, only when recording or streaming.

I've tried reinstalling the program numerous times. Can anyone help me out with this? Attached is a similar issue someone had but on Linux, so this isn't uncommon. However, no one seems to be addressing it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-15-23-24-01.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-15-23-24-01.png
    394.1 KB · Views: 132

SumDim

If you want to make a setup like that work, its probably better to run the Adobe application on a separate monitor, in particular the primary monitor. Then, clone the primary monitor onto the Cintiq. Record/stream the primary monitor, not the Cintiq.

N3sting3yes

If you want to make a setup like that work, its probably better to run the Adobe application on a separate monitor, in particular the primary monitor. Then, clone the primary monitor onto the Cintiq. Record/stream the primary monitor, not the Cintiq.
My primary monitor is the Cintiq currently, so I'd have to switch everything around to do this? Also, I'm unsure how I'd clone the application and cast it as you mentioned. However, I should mention that I'm capturing a monitor when I stream and not the application itself, it that is at all significant.

I don't know, I feel like that shouldn't be screwing with my Wacom driver, y'know?

SumDim

Yours is a very specific application of OBS Studio. It may not even be supported in your configuration. Pen display tablets are only fully aware by pen aware applications. It is unlikely that OBS Studio is pen aware. So input messages from the pen may not be recognized by OBS Studio. They are extensions of a mouse message that contain more information in it that OBS Studio may not be able to emulate.

I have a Huion pen display tablet of which I'm sure you are aware is similar to a Cintiq. It is not my primary screen in my multi monitor setup. I can display capture it just fine. Without getting into the gory details I need to mirror my primary monitor onto the Huion because Adobe Cloud apps don't bring up dialog boxes and the like on the parent window. Rather, they do so on the primary monitor. Thus, I have to run Adobe apps on the primary and mirror to the Huion. Of course, it is advised that both use the same aspect ratio and resolution. For coloring, I choose to sketch only on the Huion and color calibrate and fill on the primary.

To mirror, you need a multi monitor Nvidia GPU. You connect the Cintiqu to one of the display ports and another monitor, the primary to a display port. Then, use nvidia control panel software to clone. With OBS, you then display capture the primary monitor.