OBS Disconnecting and Reconnecting Issues

Euphrane

My OBS while streaming to twitch keeps disconnecting and reconnecting at random times. I'm not sure if it even records crash reports when this happens so I can't seem to find a solution. My internet runs at 23Mbps or so wireless from the laptop (sadly no direct line in for this laptop). I tried using encoder x264, but it seems to disconnect more often when using. Quicksync H.264 has been my best option so far. Frames missed or skipped from rendering or encoding show little to none and my CPU usage doesn't even go over 2%. My main problem seems to be dropped frames for Network. I've had streams last 1-2 hours with no problems then all the sudden I get the disconnect and reconnect issue off and on repeatedly for a couple minutes then everything runs fine. I've done the server Twitchtest and use the best option and even used auto with the same end results. I believe its a server/network issue but I believe my internet speed is perfectly fine. I have thought about purchasing a VPN and would like recommendations if possible. I'm not tech savvy but I am looking for help. Any suggestions please let me know. Here is a list of the equipment I am using:

Capture Card - Elgato HD60+
Xbox One S - Connected Ethernet
Laptop - HP Envy x360 Convertible - Wireless (No Ethernet port available)
Processor - 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz - 8GB RAM - 64 Bit Operating System

Euphrane

I took a Log and the problem actually occurred more often than normal so maybe a solution can be found within.

Attachments

• 2023-05-17 03-13-40.txt
    285.7 KB · Views: 673

PaiSand

Well, over wi-fi isn't reliable.
Please read and follow directions and recommendations on the analyzer:

Lawrence_SoCal

Depending on budget and how you value your time. it may be worthwhile to get a $10-15 USB to Ethernet adapter and test with that (vs WiFi)

Also, keep an eye on RAM usage, you may be bottlenecking your system

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The log shows very low wireless speeds (even if your internet isn't fast, the connection to your router should be). This indicates a lot of interference or poor router placement. If the connection is weak your wireless adapter begins scanning for better networks, during this time you will experience dropouts in your connection as it switches between channels. A USB Ethernet adapter is definitely recommended.

Euphrane

The log shows very low wireless speeds (even if your internet isn't fast, the connection to your router should be). This indicates a lot of interference or poor router placement. If the connection is weak your wireless adapter begins scanning for better networks, during this time you will experience dropouts in your connection as it switches between channels. A USB Ethernet adapter is definitely recommended.
Thank you, I will see what I can do then!

Euphrane

Depending on budget and how you value your time. it may be worthwhile to get a $10-15 USB to Ethernet adapter and test with that (vs WiFi)

Also, keep an eye on RAM usage, you may be bottlenecking your system
Thank you, didn’t know this was an option!