OBS Crashing on Startup (Fault address: kernelbase.dll)

ymhyk

I was trying to reinstall OBS to start from scratch completely because of some issues with plugins, but even after uninstalling and deleting the files located the program files and appdata folder it would crash on start up with the logs claiming issues with kernelbase.dll.
(Also I'm not sure why the crashed thread has addresses for streamfx when I'm sure I uninstalled it already)

Latest crash logs attached below.

Attachments

• Crash 2024-05-17 18-11-11.txt
    121.5 KB · Views: 60

koala

It's mentioning streamfx.dll, because it's still there and not completely uninstalled. According to your crash log (look at the end where all loaded dll files are listed), streamfx is still loaded from this directory:
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\obs-studio\plugins\StreamFX\bin\StreamFX.dll

If the streamfx uninstaller didn't remove that, you may have to delete this manually. In case you want to start completely from scratch with OBS, delete these directories:
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\obs-studio (the remains of any plugins)
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio (all OBS configuration files, scenes and sources)

ymhyk

It's mentioning streamfx.dll, because it's still there and not completely uninstalled. According to your crash log (look at the end where all loaded dll files are listed), streamfx is still loaded from this directory:
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\obs-studio\plugins\StreamFX\bin\StreamFX.dll

If the streamfx uninstaller didn't remove that, you may have to delete this manually. In case you want to start completely from scratch with OBS, delete these directories:
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Local\Programs\Common\obs-studio (the remains of any plugins)
C:\Users\zildj\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio (all OBS configuration files, scenes and sources)
Thank you so much for the quick response, it seems to have fixed my crashing problems!