OBS Bitrate Dropping to zero

Superior Videos

Hi there.
This topic has been covered in the past but there still seems to be no fix.
For many months I have been having issues with my bitrate suddenly dropping to zero then slowly recovering.
I have always blamed the internet connection but I have a good stable upload speed up to 50mbps.
I have spoken to others having the same problem and they have better wifi than me.
I keep getting the same response that it can't be an OBS issue but I argue that point as I have been testing vmix and the bitrate stays stable.
I have tried the dynamic bitrate setting checked and unchecked but makes no difference.
I would like to continue with OBS because vmix is simply over complicated for my workflow.
I know there are a lot of people having the same issue.
I have tried different OBS versions. different computers and nothing helps. I am currently on the latest version.
Please OBS, can you look further into this.

Lawrence_SoCal

That log does NOT appear to have a Recording/Streaming session (15-30 seconds, at least, please)

The U in that CPU model means ULTRA low power for extended battery life (exact opposite of what is needed for computationally demanding real-time video encoding)
And you have low RAM (at only 8GB)
And then you have loaded your system up with CPU intensive filters

So, what are you doing for real-time hardware resource utilization monitoring?

then you have a Media source that is constantly failing (which is could easily have a bunch of undesirable impacts)
18:14:35.257: [Media Source 'Media Source 4']: settings:
18:14:35.257: input: rtmp://192.168.1.179
I recommend fixing this or removing the Source

Beware CPU impact of this rescaling (vs Rescaling in Recording/Stream settings)
18:19:19.008: video settings reset:
18:19:19.008: base resolution: 1366x768
18:19:19.008: output resolution: 1092x614

Superior Videos

That log does NOT appear to have a Recording/Streaming session (15-30 seconds, at least, please)

The U in that CPU model means ULTRA low power for extended battery life (exact opposite of what is needed for computationally demanding real-time video encoding)
And you have low RAM (at only 8GB)
And then you have loaded your system up with CPU intensive filters

So, what are you doing for real-time hardware resource utilization monitoring?

then you have a Media source that is constantly failing (which is could easily have a bunch of undesirable impacts)
18:14:35.257: [Media Source 'Media Source 4']: settings:
18:14:35.257: input: rtmp://192.168.1.179
I recommend fixing this or removing the Source

Beware CPU impact of this rescaling (vs Rescaling in Recording/Stream settings)
18:19:19.008: video settings reset:
18:19:19.008: base resolution: 1366x768
18:19:19.008: output resolution: 1092x614
I don't really know what this session was.
I just uploaded a recent log from the computer so I will need to run a new one. I am streaming today so I will try to get something better.
The laptop is dedicated to streaming only and there is nothing else running. It is not loaded up with anything.
The rtmp source failing is a monaserver link that sometimes doesn't maintain the connection.
This is only a recent addition. The bitrate issue has been there for many months.
cpu generally runs around less than 20%
8g ram should be plenty and I am sure it meets obs requirements.
As mentioned. There are many people having this issue with better systems.
This happens on all 3 computers I have obs on so it's not an isolated problem.
I will check on your other points today.

qhobbes

I use to stream fairly on a similar setup (old i7 and 8 GB of RAM) and got by just fine on Win10 with just a video and a border. Used a very stable, but limited 25 down, 5 up connection. This was at a business and guests used the connection too. The only time the dynamic bitrate would go down is when other people were using consistent, heavy upload bandwidth such as trying to stream themselves to FB/YT for some reason. I was able to duplicate this after hours. Besides that, it was a stable 5 up business connection. The point I'm trying to make is dropped frames are not caused by OBS, if this was the case it would also happen when streaming to a local RTMP server on the same computer and no one has ever reported this.

Superior Videos

I use to stream fairly on a similar setup (old i7 and 8 GB of RAM) and got by just fine on Win10 with just a video and a border. Used a very stable, but limited 25 down, 5 up connection. This was at a business and guests used the connection too. The only time the dynamic bitrate would go down is when other people were using consistent, heavy upload bandwidth such as trying to stream themselves to FB/YT for some reason. I was able to duplicate this after hours. Besides that, it was a stable 5 up business connection. The point I'm trying to make is dropped frames are not caused by OBS, if this was the case it would also happen when streaming to a local RTMP server on the same computer and no one has ever reported this.
Well let me be the first to report it.
I only stream to a private rtmp and I have upload speeds of up to 50 and bitrate still drops to zero.
Of course it's an obs issue, otherwise I would be having the same problem with vmix and all the other forms of streaming such as direct from the camera.
As mentioned, there are many people having this problem with better bandwidth than me.
I don't sit at home streaming games. This is my business and only income so I need it to be reliable.
Vmix seems to be working out for me with not a single dropped frame . it's a cost I am going to have to wear and not as user friendly as obs but that's what I have to do.