I've been looking everywhere for a simple way to do this and I can't find it.

Preamble: I do a weekly show and I'd like the title of the track to show up on the stream when we get to said segment so I don't have to manually change it of the fly or make a half dozen scenes each week. So... I'm looking for something to display certain id3 tag information, or a file name would be fine, from a local file as an overlay on my stream. I've seen plugins to do it with spotify/youtube/whatever else but all of my files are local. That's the hangup I'm running into, my files are all local.

I've seen some options for using foobar, which I'm ok with, but the directions have been less than helpful. Literally one said "Copy below and paste into foobar." and that was it for instructions.

Anyone have any direction that can give me here?

Thanks in advance.

PaiSand

One alternative (there are multiple more)

I checked out Tuna and those multiple other alternatives. The issue was that I didn't see anything that would let it work from a local file or didn't require me to sign up for something... which is ridiculous given that I just want the title information from a local file to do it.

I'm not playing music from Spotify or iTunes or whatever else. I'm playing them from my PC.

Anyway, I was able to get something to work via a friend of mine. He had an old plugin from a site that shut down a while ago. Required that, a totally different music player, a few other bits of script... but it's working.

There really should be an easier way to do this.