Music on computer

Romza

Hey, so i'm adding music to my streams, and i have a few on my computer that i would like to use.
i don't want to use any from spotify, pandora, i<3radio, or any other browser.
Now, before you get ahead of yourself. i am currently using the Audio Output Capture to get the music
what i would like is that when the music is playing it shows what what is playing in a small txt box.
and when there is no music, just have it blank and unseen. that way when i'm doing something in game like traveling and it's going to take a moment, i can turn on the music while everyone waits. or when people are waiting for me to start my stream. or when my stream is ending.

I've tried using a few of the other options but they only let me do ONE song. i have a whole playlist.

PaiSand

You can do that with a plugin. There are various that perform exactly as you want. Just check on the resource plugin section for one you like the most.

Romza

You can do that with a plugin. There are various that perform exactly as you want. Just check on the resource plugin section for one you like the most.
been looking but all the ones i found only do online players. i'm playing music right off my computer. i'm not about to go search of each one online and make a window for each one. so my search will continue

Romza

okay fiddled around... is not what i want or what i was looking for... it does nothing i want
unless.... unless i copy all the info about each and every song on youtube music or spotify into a a txt file.
the app doesn't do anything other than say the song is playing, but doesn't tell you the name or anything unless you give it a file on your computer with your playlist, listed out. and if it's not in the right order well then it's not gonna give the right info, which means no shuffling.

Last edited:

PaiSand

It does it automatically.
It have several ways to do it. Songs on your computer must have the correct information inside the files (tags) or the name of the file should have it, even the title of the media player used to play the songs displays this info.
This plugins then take the info and write it on a text file you can read with the text source in OBS. Just follow the instructions on how to configure it on the plugin page and you're done. Of course you can shuffle the list. It's more easy to get all this using services like spotify as they already provide the information used to store on the text file. Yes, this changes when the song changes. Yes, OBS text source will show whatever text is on the file and change accordingly.

If you're trying to avoid copyright claims, your out of luck. Showing the name of the song and the artist don't stop the claims.

Romza

It does it automatically.
It have several ways to do it. Songs on your computer must have the correct information inside the files (tags) or the name of the file should have it, even the title of the media player used to play the songs displays this info.
This plugins then take the info and write it on a text file you can read with the text source in OBS. Just follow the instructions on how to configure it on the plugin page and you're done. Of course you can shuffle the list. It's more easy to get all this using services like spotify as they already provide the information used to store on the text file. Yes, this changes when the song changes. Yes, OBS text source will show whatever text is on the file and change accordingly.

If you're trying to avoid copyright claims, your out of luck. Showing the name of the song and the artist don't stop the claims.
i'm using the music from Youtube Studio.
but that's besides the point. even when i tried youtube music app, or spotify, the only thing i could get it to show was a green bar that slowly filled up any atempt to do anything else just caused the green bar to vanish. i'll give it another try tomorrow.

PaiSand

Please read the detailed explanations the creator of Tuna did on the plugin page. If after that you still have issues you can keep the conversation using the Discussion section on the plugin page.