MiraBox video & audio capture device not working

kindredcurse

hello!
i am a new user of OBS who recently got a mirabox capture card. it was relatively easy for me to learn how to use it with OBS, and soon enough i was able to stream video & audio from my nintendo switch with basically 0 technical issues. i've been using this for just small, casual streams, most often on discord.
I literally used this simple setup yesterday and it was all working. today, i connected everything up how i normally did, turned on my switch, and was greeted with a black screen from OBS. (and no audio from the audio capture)
i have closed and reopened the program, tried different USB ports, done some googling (though this is such a general problem it's hard to find any applicable advice for), and tried just connecting the switch to my TV via HDMI. it worked, showing that the problem is in either the capture card, OBS, or my brand-new USB cord just straight up broke for no reason.

any insight is appreciated!

kindredcurse

I have just tested the USB cord on a different computer, and received the windows chime that indicates it was communicating with the USB, so it isn't the cord.
please tell me i don't own a faulty capture card.

kindredcurse

I think this hasn't been seen due to the auto-moderation blocking my forum post for a day or so. I linked an OBS log, could someone take a look and provide some insight on the type of error that OBS was experiencing?

stevetork

I have been having the same problem. I had my Mirabox plugged into a USB 3.0 hub. Zoom was able to see the camera, but OSB saw it only sometimes. I found that plugging the Mirabox output into a USB port on the computer resolved the issue. Give it a try.