i need help with my bitrate

revivetay

so recently my bitrate has been doing this thing where it would just drop to 2500 for no reason my I have good upload speed and it still does this I've been all over the internet trying to resolve this issue but I have yet to solve it. The last time this happened to me I just restarted my computer and redownloaded OBS and everything started working again but this time nothing works can someone please help me

Attachments

• image (7).png
    image (7).png
    36.6 KB · Views: 11

qhobbes

Based on what you are describing and the 1 screenshot you provided, it seems like you have Dynamic Bitrate enabled. This is a network issue, it is not caused by OBS. Dynamic Bitrate allows for a lower bitrate instead of no bitrate (i.e. dropped frames) when there's not enough bandwidth available. You can check if it's enabled by going to Settings, Advanced, Network.
If still having see
and

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency, and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed. Occasionally, this can be caused by incorrect device timestamps. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

Source affected (potential cause): Desktop Audio
4. Browser hardware acceleration is currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.
5. Your log contains streaming sessions with dropped frames. This can only be caused by a failure in your internet connection or your networking hardware. It is not caused by OBS, but OBS can help. Start with enabling Dynamic Bitrate in the Advanced Network Settings. If still having issues, follow the troubleshooting steps at: Dropped Frames and General Connection Issues.

If still having issues, post a new log.