GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto 5) Recording Micro Stuttering

NinoPetric

SO basically i have been testing and playing around with all sorts of settings, setups, you name it. I just can not get a simple 1440p 60fps recording to be smooth looking like a recording of basically any other game i tested. My PC specs: i9 9900KF, 3070ti, 32 GB DDR4 3000 RAM. SO not a potato but also not a NASA like PC. Streaming and Recording at the same time also 99.9% of the time works flawlessly so it can't be something Hardware related in my opinion and as far as my knowledge goes. Also tested both the regular Screen capture and Game capture. Looks lightly choppy or like slight stuttering which isn't present in-game. Recording at 1440p 60fps as mentioned before, 13000 Kbps, Keyframe Interval: 0s, CBR, P1 Preset, Tuning: High Quality, Single Pass Mode, Profile: High, Max B-Frames: 2 exporting it as a MKV file. Does GTA 5 just not wanna work with me or OBS or am I still doing something wrong?? Any help is greatly appreciated. PS View Attached File also

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-22 205937.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-22 205937.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 15

NinoPetric

SO basically i have been testing and playing around with all sorts of settings, setups, you name it. I just can not get a simple 1440p 60fps recording to be smooth looking like a recording of basically any other game i tested. My PC specs: i9 9900KF, 3070ti, 32 GB DDR4 3000 RAM. SO not a potato but also not a NASA like PC. Streaming and Recording at the same time also 99.9% of the time works flawlessly so it can't be something Hardware related in my opinion and as far as my knowledge goes. Also tested both the regular Screen capture and Game capture. Looks lightly choppy or like slight stuttering which isn't present in-game. Recording at 1440p 60fps as mentioned before, 13000 Kbps, Keyframe Interval: 0s, CBR, P1 Preset, Tuning: High Quality, Single Pass Mode, Profile: High, Max B-Frames: 2 exporting it as a MKV file. Does GTA 5 just not wanna work with me or OBS or am I still doing something wrong?? Any help is greatly appreciated. PS View Attached File also
Also the LOG:

Attachments

• 2024-07-22 21-12-06.txt
    20.4 KB · Views: 16

qhobbes

1. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (scenes Szene1, Szene2 and Szene 3).
3. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

NinoPetric

1. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene (scenes Szene1, Szene2 and Szene 3).
3. Your log contains no recording or streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS.
2) Start your stream/recording for about 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your stream/recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.
So i just got on and started testing it over again with Game Mode: On. I upped the recording bitrate from 13'000 back up to 20'000 so it looks a bit cleaner. Everything else should be the same. I opened the game, went into an Online Lobby like usual, and just drove around. Here is that test video unedited. Raw obs recording uploaded. Still has some stuttering of which some also is in-game frame drops. See here: https://youtu.be/_5LYSA3eDVg

Attachments

• 2024-07-23 08-41-37.txt
    41.1 KB · Views: 14

qhobbes

1. See #2 in previous post.
2. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render and encode scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable V/G-sync or set a reasonable frame rate limit (144, 120, 75, 60) that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

Set Multipass Mode to Single Pass as that uses additional GPU.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.

NinoPetric

1. See #2 in previous post.
2. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render and encode scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable V/G-sync or set a reasonable frame rate limit (144, 120, 75, 60) that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

Set Multipass Mode to Single Pass as that uses additional GPU.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
Ok so... The "Encoder Overload", if you are talking about that, is only when i Tab-out and back in a game or whatever. I monitored that. In the video linked below you see the settings and that vsync is on and on 60 fps, higher does not make sense in gta online because of the server tickrate. Pass mode is now Single Pass. Again my GPU is a 3070TI, Gta 5 does not "Max it out". Top left you can see, the gpu is like 55% utilization MAX. And also the Log File from this recording session is bellow too

Attachments

• 2024-07-24 12-45-49.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 10

NinoPetric

UPDATE: The Game running with VSYNC ON does that shit. I now have it off and just manually limited the frame rate to 120 so it has some headroom with Nvidia's Control Panel. Recorded some test videos and it actually looked better. So, run the game WITHOUT VSync if you wanna stream and/or record it and want it to look decent.