Tuna

Tuna v1.9.9

AlexLoaf

Hi there,
I'm trying to run TUNA in Linux Ubuntu 18.04. All good with the installation, I get the tuna settings in OBS and I added the VLC source. But it just doesn't display the information. I'm having to add a text source just like with Snip. Also, I don't know if it is something about Linux but the songs I download there don't have a cover.

univrsal

Hi there,
I'm trying to run TUNA in Linux Ubuntu 18.04. All good with the installation, I get the tuna settings in OBS and I added the VLC source. But it just doesn't display the information. I'm having to add a text source just like with Snip. Also, I don't know if it is something about Linux but the songs I download there don't have a cover.
Do you have a VLC Source with a song playing? Is that VLC source selected in the settings dialog? What format are the songs? All the files I have worked without issue, except for opus files.

caiulogic

Hi!
Win 10 installation:
this is what I see when adding Tuna Progress Bar to my sources..

2020-03-20_16-51-40.gif

Oneirocular

Tuna can't find VLC for me. Have VLC 3.0.8. After having read the logs, I think it's because my OBS is too new:
libobs version 25.0.1 is invalid. Tuna expects 24.0.3 for VLC sources to work

Best way to fix this without reverting to an older version of OBS?

univrsal

Tuna can't find VLC for me. Have VLC 3.0.8. After having read the logs, I think it's because my OBS is too new:
libobs version 25.0.1 is invalid. Tuna expects 24.0.3 for VLC sources to work

Best way to fix this without reverting to an older version of OBS?
You should've gotten a message box asking you about whether you want to enable VLC support anyways. If not you can edit
%appdata%\obs-studio\global.ini and set vlc.force.enable=true under the [tuna] region

univrsal

Andre Brito

Hello guys, please help me with a problem ... I installed everything correctly but my "songs.txt" file only has the name of the window I selected in the settings on the first line and when I edit the file through Tuna it is not saved and I can’t delete the file and create a new one, besides that it doesn’t identify the song that plays in the Facebook broadcast window, it just writes the name of the window in the songs.txt file ... I use Mac high sierra

Andre Brito

Hello guys, please help me with a problem ... I installed everything correctly but my "songs.txt" file only has the name of the window I selected in the settings on the first line and when I edit the file through Tuna it is not saved and I can’t delete the file and create a new one, besides that it doesn’t identify the song that plays in the Facebook broadcast window, it just writes the name of the window in the songs.txt file ... I use Mac high sierra
There is the final of OBS log file:
23:56:24.195: [tuna] No config exists, creating default
23:58:01.364: [tuna] Couldn't write outputs to /Users/djandrews/.config/outputs.json
23:58:01.364: [tuna] No config exists, creating default
23:58:03.078: [tuna] Couldn't write outputs to /Users/djandrews/.config/outputs.json
23:58:03.078: [tuna] No config exists, creating default

Andre Brito

Now I understand, Tuna does not automatically identify a song, but it reads the name of the current open window...
What I imagined was that it would automatically identify a song that is playing on a Facebook broadcast for example

AlexLoaf

Do you have a VLC Source with a song playing? Is that VLC source selected in the settings dialog? What format are the songs? All the files I have worked without issue, except for opus files.
Hey, thanks for replying. I managed to get the name of the songs running and the song itself. I just don't have the cover.png file. The Linux package doesn't seem to come with it. Is that correct? Is there anything I can do to get the cover displaying?

univrsal

Hey, thanks for replying. I managed to get the name of the songs running and the song itself. I just don't have the cover.png file. The Linux package doesn't seem to come with it. Is that correct? Is there anything I can do to get the cover displaying?
No the linux version fetches the cover by default to ~/cover.png like on the other platforms, it only does so if VLC caches the cover in /home/usr/.cache/vlc/art/artistalbum/<album>/<song>

univrsal

Now I understand, Tuna does not automatically identify a song, but it reads the name of the current open window...
What I imagined was that it would automatically identify a song that is playing on a Facebook broadcast for example
There's no way to do that, where should it get that information from?

djmattyb

Using Spotify as the source I would like to be able to make the song title bold but not the artist. Can Tuna be set to output the artist to one file "Artist.txt" and song title to a different file "Song.txt"?

Update: I was able to accomplish this by adding the song info twice. On one instance I cropped off the top which has the song title. In the other instance I cropped off the bottom which had everything else, leaving only the song title. Since the info was now in two different objects I was able to set just the song title to bold.

Last edited:

univrsal

Using Spotify as the source I would like to be able to make the song title bold but not the artist. Can Tuna be set to output the artist to one file "Artist.txt" and song title to a different file "Song.txt"?

Update: I was able to accomplish this by adding the song info twice. On one instance I cropped off the top which has the song title. In the other instance I cropped off the bottom which had everything else, leaving only the song title. Since the info was now in two different objects I was able to set just the song title to bold.
Tuna can output to multiple files if that's what you wanted just create a new output under the basics tab