Tuna

Tuna v1.9.9

Sylverstone14

Using the pre-release version, noticing that the Spotify token keeps expiring somehow and I'd had to keep re-authenticating.

Hippy80

Hey, long shot I know, but any chance this could run on MacOS? Trying to find ANYTHING that will give a "Now Playing" from Spotify that runs on Mac. Can't find any supported options, and the streamer insists on using a Mac.

univrsal

Using the pre-release version, noticing that the Spotify token keeps expiring somehow and I'd had to keep re-authenticating.
Expiring as in the old one won't work or the token just disappears? I've had the latter happen while testing once or twice.
Edit: Just let it run for a while myself and I can see that the log if full of this
Code:
06:45:24 PM.704: )
06:45:25 PM.289: [tuna] Unknown error occured when querying Spotify-API: 401 (response: {
06:45:25 PM.289:     "error": {
06:45:25 PM.289:         "message": "The access token expired",
06:45:25 PM.289:         "status": 401
06:45:25 PM.289:     }
06:45:25 PM.289: }
I'm assuming that this is the case for you as well?
Hey, long shot I know, but any chance this could run on MacOS? Trying to find ANYTHING that will give a "Now Playing" from Spotify that runs on Mac. Can't find any supported options, and the streamer insists on using a Mac.
When I get the other issues sorted out I'll see if I can get it to compile. I won't be able to give support for it as fast though, because I have to dig out my macOS installation everytime

Last edited:

Hippy80

Expiring as in the old one won't work or the token just disappears? I've had the latter happen while testing once or twice

When I get the other issues sorted out I'll see if I can get it to compile. I won't be able to give support for it as fast though, because I have to dig out my macOS installation everytime

Thanks, really impressed with the plugin. Will be pushing as many streamers as I can towards it!

univrsal

Thanks, really impressed with the plugin. Will be pushing as many streamers as I can towards it!
I put up a mac build on github now. I tested it with spotify, vlc sources and mpd and it seemed to work fine. You'll have to install taglib and libmpdclient though. The release contains a script which will do this automatically and install the plugin, but the user has to have brew installed (I assume most mac users do, since it's pretty useful)

linxer

Hey Universalp, Mac user here. Got the whole thing properly installed and the Spotify token running the only thing missing at the moments is trying to figure out where the source files need are located for both the text file and the image placeholder. Thanks in advance!!!

univrsal

Hey Universalp, Mac user here. Got the whole thing properly installed and the Spotify token running the only thing missing at the moments is trying to figure out where the source files need are located for both the text file and the image placeholder. Thanks in advance!!!
In your home directory, it shows you in the tuna settings dialog where they are

JeremyK

Hello Tuna team!

I was able to get this to work in Windows, this is amazing!! Some notes:

The letter T in the output editor triggers the song title, whether it has a % in front or not.. for instance, I tried to enter the word Title and it put TRACKNAMEitle .. I was able to resolve this by putting an > in front of the T, but its not a perfect solution

I would like to be able to display the song label name, and there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Can that be added?

Every time I open the tuna settings window, the 'song source' section changes to 'window title' from VLC. I can set it back, but it is kinda annoying.

Great Work here thanks!

univrsal

Hello Tuna team!

I was able to get this to work in Windows, this is amazing!! Some notes:

The letter T in the output editor triggers the song title, whether it has a % in front or not.. for instance, I tried to enter the word Title and it put TRACKNAMEitle .. I was able to resolve this by putting an > in front of the T, but its not a perfect solution

I would like to be able to display the song label name, and there doesn't seem to be an option for that. Can that be added?

Every time I open the tuna settings window, the 'song source' section changes to 'window title' from VLC. I can set it back, but it is kinda annoying.

Great Work here thanks!
The first issue has already been reported and I think I've fixed it. What do you mean by "Song label" ? The label that produced the song? That's not information that is provided over the Spotify API, nor on most files tags so I won't add it.
The source should be saved, but I'll see if there's an issue with that.

JeremyK

The first issue has already been reported and I think I've fixed it. What do you mean by "Song label" ? The label that produced the song? That's not information that is provided over the Spotify API, nor on most files tags so I won't add it.
The source should be saved, but I'll see if there's an issue with that.

Yeah, by song label I mean the Record Label of the song. Most record labels add their name in the MP3, and I would be surprised if Spotify didn't catalog that.

It's working really great, but I think I'm going to rebuild this on linux so that I can use MPD, so I can get crossfades and a little easier interface to manage the music.

univrsal

Yeah, by song label I mean the Record Label of the song. Most record labels add their name in the MP3, and I would be surprised if Spotify didn't catalog that.

It's working really great, but I think I'm going to rebuild this on linux so that I can use MPD, so I can get crossfades and a little easier interface to manage the music.
Just checked the API documentation, it does support the label name, but it's not part of the track information, which means it can only be queried separately. I might add it for MPD and VLC but I don't think it's worth a separate API request just for the label.
Why do you want to rebuild the linux build?

JeremyK

Yeah that would be great.. not using Spotify anyways here.

Just rebuilding my server into a linux one (on windows currently) .. not rebuilding any builds today :)

univrsal

I've added a progress bar source, so you can now make something like this:
1582883727100.png

elsewhere

Followed the installation notes but for the life of me, cannot get Tuna into OBS.

I've run both the install-mac.sh file and package-mac.sh. Neither seem to install the plugin.

What am I missing?

univrsal

Followed the installation notes but for the life of me, cannot get Tuna into OBS.

I've run both the install-mac.sh file and package-mac.sh. Neither seem to install the plugin.

What am I missing?
You didn't download the plugin, you downloaded the source code.

RPGAnomaly

I've added a progress bar source, so you can now make something like this:
View attachment 51628

This is my first time posting in an OBS forum, sorry if this is dumb.. but I've been playing with an OBS setup using Tuna the past few days and it's been working great with VLC! If we wanted to try the new visualizer plugin, do we have to reinstall and re-setup tuna in obs? or is there a way to just install the plugin for it? (not sure if that makes sense, I am new to this) Thanks!!

univrsal

This is my first time posting in an OBS forum, sorry if this is dumb.. but I've been playing with an OBS setup using Tuna the past few days and it's been working great with VLC! If we wanted to try the new visualizer plugin, do we have to reinstall and re-setup tuna in obs? or is there a way to just install the plugin for it? (not sure if that makes sense, I am new to this) Thanks!!
Just install the visualizer plugin the same way you installed tuna. Most of obs-studios components are just loaded in as plugins so they all work alongside each other.