The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed...

Darragh

When I try to open up OBS after downloading the installer and installing it, when I try to open it up, it gives my an error message :

Explorer.EXE

The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions.

I am not the admin user (the first user created), but I have been given administrator permissions by the admin. I have gotten it to work previously on the same desktop, albeit on a different user, but I have not been able to use it on this. I am currently using Streamlabs OBS, but I much preferer OBS studio.

Edit: I just tried deleting it and reinstalling it again, and now it wont even install, saying:

OBS Studio 27.0.1 Setup

OBS files are being used by the following applications:

CtxWebBrowser.exe
Citrix WebControl Browser
Steam Client WebHelper

Please close these applications to continue setup.

I don't even have any of these applications / files on my PC, nevermind have them open and using OBS files.

Last edited:

Darragh

I appear to have solved the problem by downloading the zip file, extracting it, and opening the program without installing it.

Darragh

I appear to have solved the problem by downloading the zip file, extracting it, and opening the program without installing it.
Downloads>OBS-Studio-27.0.1-Full-x64>bin>64bit>obs64

It appears to be a temporary solution, as I have to navigate through my files every time, and I have not tested it yet. If I move it anywhere else in files, it brings up a bunch of error messages saying that components are missing, and that reinstalling OBS would fix that.

If anyone knows a permanent solution, or even has a guess as to what to do (I have tried deleting and reinstalling the installer, and restarting my PC), I am open to suggestions. If i find a permanent solution, I will post it here.