thanr

We have been using OBS Studio on Manjaro for four years to stream our church service.
We bought two PTZ Optics Move SE cameras and when I tried to build the AUR package obs-ptz-controls I get this:

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:107 (find_package):
Found package configuration file:

/usr/lib/cmake/SDL2/SDL2Config.cmake

but it set SDL2_FOUND to FALSE so package "SDL2" is considered to be NOT
FOUND.

AND:

ptz_load_controls()’:
/var/tmp/pamac-build-jrs/obs-ptz-controls/src/obs-ptz/src/ptz-controls.cpp:33:30: error: ‘void* obs_frontend_add_dock(void*)’ is deprecated [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
33 | obs_frontend_add_dock(tmp);

And:
/usr/include/obs/obs-frontend-api.h:142:14: note: declared here
142 | EXPORT void *obs_frontend_add_dock(void *dock);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors

I created a post on the Manjaro forum and this was one of the answers:

Well, by using -Werror the developer has basically promised to support new warnings in every C/C++ compiler that might ever be used, forever. So ask them to fix their build :stuck_out_tongue:

If you’re desperate you can build it manually by turning off -Werror. The sed command below just comments that out on line 177 of the specified file;

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/obs-ptz-controls.git
cd obs-ptz-controls
makepkg -o
sed -i '177 s/./#&/' src/obs-ptz/cmake/ObsPluginHelpers.cmake
makepkg -e

MrLavender

I tried Mr Lavender's solution and it finished installing and all of the PTZ controls work and so do the Presets.

It would be swell if I did not need to do this after each update.

thanr

iraytrace

Does the plugin support Canon's XC protocol? I'd like to use a Canon CR-N700 with OBS. No problem for video, but the Canon does not support VISCA. Any possibilities? The protocol is documented.

Treasure62

Hi, i've been using the experimental onvif features of this plugin for a few days on a Ulisse MAXI with an AXIS Q1798 camera and since I rebooted all the devices the plugin don't seem to reconnect to the camera.
In my obs logs I have this error :

[obs-ptz] [onvif/Cam] request error; message: Error transferring http://xx.xx.x.x:xx/onvif/device_service - server replied: Bad Request, code: 400

I had this problem once and it fixed itself after a few days without modifying anything.
If anyone has an idea on how to fix this issue I would gladly take it.

Thang Aikyo

Hello everyone, I need some help. I am using a Camera from Minrray - model UV515 and connecting it to Windows through Com1, which works fine. However, when I add it to OBS, it freezes. Can anyone help me connect it to OBS?

AndreasAdler

Hi.

We're using this plugin successfully to control a PTZ camera via VISCA UDP. However, we also need to control two other cameras via VISCA Serial (with a USB dongle creating a virtual COM port). It seems this functionality is bugged currently. When I add a camera as "VISCA (Serial)", select the virtual COM port of my USB dongle and click "Apply", after a few seconds OBS crashes.

There is no crash report generated, however, from the regular log file I think there are some hints:
Code:
23:04:18.387: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
23:04:18.387: CPU Speed: 2592MHz
23:04:18.387: Physical Cores: 6, Logical Cores: 12
23:04:18.387: Physical Memory: 16204MB Total, 3957MB Free
23:04:18.387: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 22631 (release: 23H2; revision: 3810; 64-bit)
23:04:18.388: Running as administrator: false
23:04:18.388: Windows 10/11 Gaming Features:
23:04:18.388:     Game Bar: On
23:04:18.388:     Game DVR: On
23:04:18.388:     Game DVR Background Recording: Off
23:04:18.388:     Game Mode: Off
23:04:18.401: Sec. Software Status:
23:04:18.404:     Microsoft Defender Antivirus: enabled (AV)
23:04:18.406:     Windows-Firewall: enabled (FW)
23:04:18.407: Current Date/Time: 2024-07-13, 23:04:18
23:04:18.407: Browser Hardware Acceleration: true
23:04:18.407: Hide OBS windows from screen capture: false
23:04:18.407: Qt Version: 6.6.2 (runtime), 6.6.2 (compiled)
23:04:18.407: Portable mode: false
23:04:21.714: OBS 30.1.2 (64-bit, windows)
23:04:21.714: ---------------------------------
[...]
23:04:29.519: Failed to load 'de-DE' text for module: 'obs-ptz.dll'
23:04:29.519: [obs-ptz] plugin loaded successfully (version 0.15.4)
23:04:30.027: [obs-ptz] VISCA Unable to open UART
[...]
23:04:43.798: QObject::connect: No such slot PTZSettings::joystickAxisEvent(const QJoystickAxisEvent)
23:04:43.798: QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'PTZSettings')
23:04:59.577: Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (6.3.1) with this library (6.6.2)

If the last log message "Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (6.3.1) with this library (6.6.2)" is the cause of the crash I guess it could be easily fixed. It seems like OBS and the plugin are compiled against different versions of the Qt library, thus generating this conflict.

The USB dongle itself does work as I successfully tested it with the following software: https://github.com/louangr/VISCACameraController

So the problem must lie in this plugin.

It would be great if this could be fixed so that we can control all our cameras from a single app instead of relying on two different apps.

Hello,

i have now 4 hikvision PTZ 4mp 25x zoom camera's via gstreamer . Very nice lip sync !

i am trying to get the experimental ONVIF version PTZ Controls to work. It installed nice. After configuring, nothing seems to happen.

the log says :

16:11:15.168: No functional TLS backend was found
16:11:15.178: [obs-ptz] [onvif/GStreamer PT] request error; message: Protocol "" is unknown, code: 0

i installed openssl. Current version is 3.3 , I believe and the libs are -3.
libcrypto and libssl are in system32. Yet the message stays the same.

i am not a qt designer.... but found hints on

libqcertonlybackend.dll
libqopensslbackend .dll

but i cannot figure out what to do with this. Please who can help me understand this ? Thnx !

facoriolano

I have installed a Hikvision Cam on OBS and working fine. I would like to make work with PTZ Controls, I have been configured but is not working. No error messages as well. Anyone should help me please? I just would like to use inside controls now I'm using via Chrome web browser. Thanks for any help.

I have installed a Hikvision Cam on OBS and working fine. I would like to make work with PTZ Controls, I have been configured but is not working. No error messages as well. Anyone should help me please? I just would like to use inside controls now I'm using via Chrome web browser. Thanks for any help.
Good you have no Error message, maybe you can help me out with previous message?
Then your problem, does the camera work ok with odm onvif device manager? This is a simple but Nice tool to check if all settings in the camera are ok.

SSBClafayette

I updated past 28.12 core OBS the other day, to the newest 32, and then i couldnt open the platform at all. I uninstalled everything (painstaking process to replace all the macros in Adv SS) and started reinstalling scripts, and plugins and it turns out that this plugin was the culprit. It does not seem to work well with OBS platform >28.12 for me.

Attachments

• Log files for OBS.zip
    55 KB · Views: 12

facoriolano

Good you have no Error message, maybe you can help me out with previous message?
Then your problem, does the camera work ok with odm onvif device manager? This is a simple but Nice tool to check if all settings in the camera are ok.
Hi Jhonny I have no error message and the camera hikvision is working perfect inside my scenes and via chrome. I just would like to no use Chrome to presets outside OBS. Thanks for your help

Hi Jhonny I have no error message and the camera hikvision is working perfect inside my scenes and via chrome. I just would like to no use Chrome to presets outside OBS. Thanks for your help
So there are two things to look at :
1. you can display the video stream of the hikvision in a scene (or alike) -> this seems to work for you
2. you can control the camera PTZ functions via browser. Mind you that in the Hikvision menu, the ONVIF protocol must be enabled first :
  1. Step 1: Log into the web interface of the camera.
  2. Step 2: Go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Integration Protocol.
  3. Step 3: Check on the 'Enable ONVIF' or 'Enable Open Network Video Interface' box.
  4. Step 4: Check on the 'Enable Hikvision CGI' box.
  5. add a user to the ONVIF user list and give that user the 'operator' or 'administrator' role.

To check if ONVIF is enabled correctly, you can check that with ODM, a free software tool to check Onvif Devices

amc1

HI there,

I was wondering if there is a way to slow down the speed of the changes in presets in the ptz control. We have a customer that has only 1 camera with a number of presets but the transition is far too quick for them. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

cbchurch

hello, we are running two lumens vc-a50p cameras for live streaming. Sunday when we opened OBS the PTZ controller would not operate the cameras, all the presets were there nothing happens when you choose them, the manual toggle function did not work either, the cameras work fine with the remote just not in the plugin. I have uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it to no avail. any suggestions? we did the latest obs update after the cameras did not work but that did not help. thanks

cbchurch

hello, we are running two lumens vc-a50p cameras for live streaming. Sunday when we opened OBS the PTZ controller would not operate the cameras, all the presets were there nothing happens when you choose them, the manual toggle function did not work either, the cameras work fine with the remote just not in the plugin. I have uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it to no avail. any suggestions? we did the latest obs update after the cameras did not work but that did not help. thanks
I figured it out. some how our IP addresses changed! I have no idea how that happened, not a techie so it is over my head. typed in the new addresses and they both work fine. blessings

jordanp123

Has anyone gotten this working on Ubuntu in the last few days ? I've tried with OBS on ubuntu 22.04 and 24.04 but after installing the .deb the PTZ option in the Docks menu never shows up.