Question / Help On Screen Capture not working!

MrBlue101

Hi Dear Forum,
I keep having this problem that I cannot make a video that captures my screen. I already searched in the forum for help and changed the graphics settings to energy-saving and tried out high performance, I also changed the graphic card settings, but still, the issue is unresolved.

I use an Acer Nitro 5 Laptop and an additional Monitor.

The interesting thing is:
If I double click on the source "screen capture" I see a screen capture in the small properties window, but then I close this window and there is no screen capture in the big window!
screenshot:
1587807299325.png

Last log file visible here:

Does anybody know the solution to this?

Cheers,
MrBlue

Attachments

• 1587807115932.png
    1587807115932.png
    360.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1587807189874.png
    1587807189874.png
    372.6 KB · Views: 21

FerretBomb

Hit OK, make sure the Screen Capture is selected in the sources list, then hit CTRL+R, then CTRL+F. You can also do this by right-clicking the screen capture, going to the Transform menu, hitting Reset Transform, then Fit to Screen (the hotkeys are just shortcuts to do that).

According to your log, OBS is assigned to the correct GPU, so it's not that.

However, sometimes sources are instantiated way off the Preview window for some reason. A transform reset and screen-fit should move it back to a visible point. I assume this is the case, as your preview window in the screenshot doesn't have the red bounding box or handles visible that should be if the source was within the preview screen.

Alternately, is the monitor you're trying to capture the one built into the laptop, or the external? Some laptops DO run external monitors off the discrete (high-power) GPU, not the iGPU, and may need OBS moved back to the high-power GPU to work.