Nga_Phoebe_Tran

Hi guys,

Recently. I'm dealing with an annoying issue related to mic and game sound. As the pic shows below, I successfully recorded a gameplay video with my voice speaking and game sound. However, after i stopped recording to export the video, I played it and I found out that it was completely mute (no mic sound and no game one). What should I do to fix it?

Here is my log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/NDPTGGZSK9d0-W78

obs.jpg

blahblah123

upload a couple of seconds to youtube and see if you can hear sound. see if you can hear audio from your media player with other videos. try a different media player. if that doesnt work maybe its your render output settings being the wrong format or set to not record audio or just a incompatible media format.

Zidakuh

Could also be the default channel for streaming has been set to something else. Check it under "Output > audio" that default stream track is set to one.
After that, open the advanced audio mixer "right click cogwheel on any audio source > advanced settings > set every source to 1, and possibly more if multitrack recordings is needed"

Sidenote: Mogeko Castle is amazing

Nga_Phoebe_Tran

upload a couple of seconds to youtube and see if you can hear sound. see if you can hear audio from your media player with other videos. try a different media player. if that doesnt work maybe its your render output settings being the wrong format or set to not record audio or just a incompatible media format.
yeah, I used media player because flv format wasn't compatible with this software (the gameplay video is in mp4 format). It's quiet hard to find a media software which flv format can be used with.

Nga_Phoebe_Tran

Could also be the default channel for streaming has been set to something else. Check it under "Output > audio" that default stream track is set to one.
After that, open the advanced audio mixer "right click cogwheel on any audio source > advanced settings > set every source to 1, and possibly more if multitrack recordings is needed"

Sidenote: Mogeko Castle is amazing
Could you please reply again with more detail? I'm quiet confused when I read yours.

Sidenote: Yeah, I found that everyone loved this game, and they recommended me to try it :))) Next time, I'll play Gray Garden and Wadanohara after I finish this one.

Zidakuh

First up, check this if it is set like this
For streaming, set audio strack to 1 (ignore the rest of the settings, this is my recording profile)
Audio streaming.PNG
Once that is set, open the Advanced Audio Properties by rightclicking the cogwheel next to any of the volume meter and selecting "advanced audio properties".
Cogwheel.PNG
Now, make sure that everything is selected to go to track 1:
Advanced audio properties.PNG
If needed, you can split the audiotracs to individual tracks by setting them to a different trac simultanously, which makes editig recordings way easier.
Also, ignore the sync offset values. They work for me, but might not for everyone else.

Hope this helps :)
-Zida