Question / Help Keyboard sounds while streaming

Sifflex

I recently decided to start streaming Osu (a rythm game), but I have a problem, which is that after trying all I could, I can't remove the sound from the hits on my keyboard.

It appears my mic detects my voice and the hits around the same volume (-25dB), so it is very hard to hear my voice but not the hits.

Is there a way with a filter like a noise gate to suppress short sounds like these (not sure they are short though, when hit within a short interval they could be detected as one long sound), or has anyone encountered the same problem ?

koala

Do you have a standalone mic? Move the mic nearer to your mouth. If it is about 5-10 cm away from your mouth, your voice should be so loud in the recording that any keypresses are lost in the background noise. On the other hand, if the mic is as far from the keyboard as from your mouth, it's no wonder if it records the keypresses as loud as your voice.

Sifflex

I have a headset with a mic on it, and the mic is currently touching my lips when I talk, and even after trying to put the threshold as high as possible, the keys can still be heard and sometimes my voice gets cut :(
Thanks for the idea anyway :)

koala

Are you sure you are picking up your headset microphone with OBS and not perhaps a mic built in into your laptop or some webcam device? Make sure your headset mic is the only mic device that is recorded.