Question / Help Issues with audio cutting out from HDMI capture during stream

KateLibC

I am running the most recent version of OBS (25.0.8) for macOS and am running into an unusual problem where the audio from my USB 3.0 HDMI capture device (AverMedia Live Gamer Ultra) just simply cuts out at some point while streaming. To make matters more bizarre is that the audio mixer show that there is audio coming in and the monitor mode has audio.

I caught the following in the logs:

Code:
21:02:31.503: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 975 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux)
21:02:31.503: 
21:02:31.561: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1021 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux 2)
21:02:31.561: 
21:02:31.633: Max audio buffering reached!
21:02:31.633: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 1044 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux 2)

What is causing the buffer to fill up exactly?

I've done a few things to try and get around the problem such as just rebooting the system before streaming and updating the firmware on the USB capture device, but this does not appear to solve the problem. My gut says that it has to do with the stream aspect although I cannot confirm unless I replicate it and record to disk. Closing and reopening OBS does however appear to fix the issue.

System specs
Mac Mini (2018), i5 6-core, 32 GB RAM
macOS 10.15.4
AverMedia Live Gamer Ultra (GC553)

Attachments

• 2020-05-07 19-52-32.txt
    47.2 KB · Views: 61

cnunes73ucb

Hi, Which configuration are you using in you Avermedia?

Attached is my configuration.

Attachments

• Avermidia.jpg
    Avermidia.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 661

cnunes73ucb

Let's go to VMIX, it doesn't happen there.
Here support does not answer this problem that has been around for a long time and nobody solves it!!
Terrible

KateLibC

Unless I am mistaken, it looks like you're sharing with me the Windows version of OBS. In this case, this is macOS.

However, to answer your question:

sdAF6kV.png

Ignore the "no signal" since I am not running anything through it at the moment.

DY5srrY.png

And that is my current audio settings.

I am a hair short of just filing this as a bug report as there is no rhyme or reason for why this occurs. There is also an issue where if the Avermedia device isn't set as the first audio input it often just won't stream at all, which is obnoxious.

One thing I did notice today is that it looks like it just cycles on the same second of audio when it does die so it probably has nothing to do with the streaming.

KateLibC