Question / Help i9-9900k/i9 Cpus - New gen CPUs HAS PROBLEMS WITH OBS STUDIO (URGENT)

Qappz

Hi, So I upgraded my Streamingrig today from a (Threadripper 1920x) to an i9-9900k and I'm not able to stream 1080p30fps, NOT EVEN THAT, CPU usage goes up the roof. Note I use Dual PC Setup, so Streaming pc and a Gaming PC. I thought there was a problem with the Threadripper but now after the upgrade, it looks like its OBS Studio. I have 50+ memes and sound effects in the program that I use with a Stream Deck. Note I'm using a GTX 650, not sure if this matters, but wait...

I downloaded Streamlabs OBS and imported everything, I WAS ABLE TO RUN 1080p60 at Medium preset!! But I cannot use this because I need to be able to Interact with the browser source which SLOBS does not offer.

What do you think is the problem? Before you say lower bitrate or lower preset, this and that, SLOBS ran it all perfectly at 10k bitrate, medium preset.

LOG FILE: https://obsproject.com/logs/BBA1tFe...n05fVgo5yJVc3eQ8y1GOeP4vXOhO_43Lsj1O03jeZJeOo

My friend and I just received our 9900k this week. We have the same issue! Also, I’ve noticed the base clock speed is 3.6 but it wants to run at a constant 4.7. I dropped the multiplier so that it tops out at 4.2 and that has seeems to help the cpu usage/temp but I thought the processor could handle this? Currently using an NZXT kraken 62 to cool this. BUT I cannot stream. It drops between 30-50% of my frames in stream.

divamage

i very recently upgraded to 9900k and 1070ti and a fresh install of windows and in any game obs gets laggy and drops to 20fps and lower i wasnt recording or streaming.

bobhumplick

yeah this sounds like windows update problems, not anything to do with the 9900k. if you already have a threadripper board i would ahve gotten the 16 core but the 9900k is better for high fps gaming. if you are willing to spend this much then i would look into turing cards (the rtx 20 series). they have worked with obs to make the nvenc encoder built into the gpus work with about the same (some say better) quality as cpu encoding. i will believe that when i see it but a lot of peopel are saying its true.

if i were you i would reinstall windows from scratch and then install the 1903 update. and the latest version of obs. i had major problems (and a lot of other people) with update 1809 and obs. basically pixelation and stream dropping frames. a reinstall fixed it. also try the latest nvidia driver. if that doesnt help then go back about a few drivers. probalby about version 420 or so might help. the new windows versions require new drivers and if you use a new driver with an old windows or vice versa it can cause problems.

i would alsp maybe consider setting cpu affinity so that obs runs on maybe 3 or 3 and a half cores (its a 16 thread cpu so maybe set it to run on 6 or 7 threads). then let the game have the rest. if the game isnt really cpu demanding then let obs 8-10 threads. and set the thread count in obs manually or it will assume its using the whole cpu.