steel_rib

I have a mid-2012 MacBook... Put in some updated hardware (ssd and 16 gb ram) in hopes to be able to stream some live music with very basic graphic enhancements.... But every time I try to stream I've been getting "encoder overload" messages....

I use a yamaha mg10xu usb mixer, my iPhone camera, FaceTime camera, and that's it... will add more cameras once i can figure out ONE.. i'm trying a bunch of different settings on OBS and can't seem to find a sweet spot..... BUT, AND ESPECIALLY, even doing straight recordings, not streaming, the videos are blotchy and useless..... i had assumed that doing "stream" recordings, there would be a lag.. not just always a lag... Is this just the way OBS is? Am I a crazy person?

Very frustrating... My focus from a musician's perspective should be in the moment and to simply adjust to a 10 second lag time for comments etc.......... but I might prefer to just set up my phone and sacrifice everything else just to be in the moment...... any thoughts would be appreciated.... thanks