My PC's integrated camera is not working. It's clearly malfunctioning, it's been like this for a few days, and it never happened to me before. The camera is unstable, turning on and off or even freezing, and that is unsightly to see. I tried with Windows Update to see if anything improves, but nothing changed. I tried to find videos but those weren't much of help, mostly for laptops instead of fixed computers. I even tried analyzing the files with OBS, but it's clearly not working with the Analyzer. I don't have any virtual webcams, so the HD User Facing is the only way I have to film myself during recordings. Oh, and my computer is not a laptop, is a fixed PC. Please help me out, this is urgent.

Check security settings in Windows.
Put here log file.
How? Changing the security settings? It's active on OBS because I use the capture device. How am I supposed to do it? In my case, it's like the camera is not recognized, and not just on OBS. Before that, it was just unstable, it froze quite a few times, and now it just doesn't want to turn on properly.

Try removing it from device manager and let it re-install the device drivers.
I tried disinstalling the device and reinstall it and the device driver again. Didn't work out. I found that out today. If anything, now it doesn't recognize the camera anymore, before that, it was unstable and not functioning properly, now it doesn't even start properly.

Last edited:
Dude, webcams to buy are like a bajilion euros. And this issues never happened before two weeks ago. I don't want to spend a lot of money to a webcam that I don't know how to attach and that my family wouldn't like the waste of money. Since the problem only started happening two weeks ago, I don't understand why.

Again, this thing wasn't shown when I analyzed this file. Only a minor encoding overload. If you're looking for the screenshot, there.
Screenshot 2023-06-25 14-41-35.png

Last edited:

Tomasz Góral

screenshot from windows system settings, check camera access.
Soo if any program not recognise camera is not OBS problem, but problem is Windows system.

khaver

It looks like there is a problem with Virtual Webcam Vegas Stream x64. Is this something you are still using? If not, uninstall it and see if you get your webcam back. If you are still using it, it may be interfering with the webcam's use in OBS.

It looks like there is a problem with Virtual Webcam Vegas Stream x64. Is this something you are still using? If not, uninstall it and see if you get your webcam back. If you are still using it, it may be interfering with the webcam's use in OBS.
No, I never use it because I don't have virtual cameras. The black screen is because the integrated camera HD User Facing isn't recognized. This virtual camera was activated because of this.

Last edited: