Bitrate problems when recording a gameplay

PastGenerations

Hi guys

I'm having serious problems recording Dark Sousl 3 videos.
The video bitrate is just bad and I don't know if the problem comes from my hardware specs or not.

GPU: AMD RX580
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600

Cattura.PNG
2.PNG

sandrix

switch to AMD HW H.265/HEVC. H.264 doesn't work well on your graphics card. Otherwise, you need to provide a log file

PastGenerations

switch to AMD HW H.265/HEVC. H.264 doesn't work well on your graphics card. Otherwise, you need to provide a log file
Same issue, here's the log

16:57:43.530: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: explorer.exe

16:57:43.530: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] cannot capture explorer.exe due to being blacklisted

16:57:46.571: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: explorer.exe

16:57:46.571: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] cannot capture explorer.exe due to being blacklisted

16:57:49.553: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] attempting to hook fullscreen process: explorer.exe

16:57:49.553: [game-capture: 'Cattura gioco'] cannot capture explorer.exe due to being blacklisted

16:57:54.470: [ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Output of file 'D:/Video/2022-11-21 16-55-39.mp4' stopped

16:57:54.470: Output 'adv_file_output': stopping

16:57:54.470: Output 'adv_file_output': Total frames output: 8038

16:57:54.470: Output 'adv_file_output': Total drawn frames: 7919 (8082 attempted)

16:57:54.470: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 163 (2.0%)

16:57:54.471: ==== Recording Stop ================================================

16:57:54.471: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 193/8079 (2.4%)
16:57:54.502: warning: 2 frames left in the queue on closing

And the link: https://obsproject.com/logs/tqpE-vs2eyHycepK

sandrix

Update drivers for your video card

Analyze your log file and follow the recommendations

There are also rendering issues
16:57:54.470: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 163 (2.0%)
This is because the GPU is heavily loaded. You should reduce the graphics settings in the game, turn on vertical sync or limit the fps.

PastGenerations

Update drivers for your video card

Analyze your log file and follow the recommendations

There are also rendering issues
This is because the GPU is heavily loaded. You should reduce the graphics settings in the game, turn on vertical sync or limit the fps.
The drivers are already updated

V-sync is on and I also reduced the graphics settings in the game

I set the bitrate to 30000 kbps and the problem isn't solved

Heres a screenshot of a frame of the video, the bitrate is a mess

vlcsnap-2022-11-21-17h46m18s935.jpg

sandrix

Yes, you have one of the latest drivers installed. Changing the bitrate will not solve the problem, just 50 000 kbps is rather excessive. But if disk space doesn't matter to you, then please.

Okay, I took another look at your log and didn't find a major issue that pointed to the cause of the dropped frames

17:30:33.284: Game Mode: Off (It's definitely worth turning it back on)
17:30:49.266: warning: EOI missing, emulating (Good explanation for this endless error (Just ignore))

I'm almost out of direct ideas. Here's what else I can suggest. Set the power settings to high performance in Windows and for your graphics card in AMD Software.
Don't use preview in OBS.

Last resort, use the Balance preset

I'm sure your encoder is doing a great job, but I'm still seeing dropped frames.
I could of course suggest you use x264, but that's too easy.

sandrix

This is how the AMD HEVC encoder works on my RX 570 and handles 2K resolution with ease. What you should have too.
sSnJhoV (1).png

PastGenerations

This is how the AMD HEVC encoder works on my RX 570 and handles 2K resolution with ease. What you should have too.
View attachment 89001
I've done everything but still nothing, still the same result. I don't know if it can be useful but this bitrate problem is present even if I try to register with the AMD program. Could it be an hardware problem? Maybe the CPU? But I don't think so since the encoder uses the GPU. I tried to use Fraps and only with that program I had no bitrate problems, but it's also true that Fraps recordings are loseless, moreover I can't use it because sometimes I have stutter problems with it.

PastGenerations

Yes, you have one of the latest drivers installed. Changing the bitrate will not solve the problem, just 50 000 kbps is rather excessive. But if disk space doesn't matter to you, then please.

Okay, I took another look at your log and didn't find a major issue that pointed to the cause of the dropped frames

17:30:33.284: Game Mode: Off (It's definitely worth turning it back on)
17:30:49.266: warning: EOI missing, emulating (Good explanation for this endless error (Just ignore))

I'm almost out of direct ideas. Here's what else I can suggest. Set the power settings to high performance in Windows and for your graphics card in AMD Software.
Don't use preview in OBS.

Last resort, use the Balance preset

I'm sure your encoder is doing a great job, but I'm still seeing dropped frames.
I could of course suggest you use x264, but that's too easy.
The problem with x264 is that the workload for my CPU is too much

sandrix

for x264 you use the medium preset, it's too demanding. Even on a 16 core processor, I can't afford to use it. Try VeryFast, this is the optimal preset. The disadvantage of x264 is that its use can negatively affect the FPS in the game, since it uses CPU resources

PastGenerations

for x264 you use the medium preset, it's too demanding. Even on a 16 core processor, I can't afford to use it. Try VeryFast, this is the optimal preset. The disadvantage of x264 is that its use can negatively affect the FPS in the game, since it uses CPU resources
Even with VeryFast I have bitrate issues unfortunately